Head of Product
What's the Role?
We’re looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Head of Product to join the team and build out our product. As Head of Product, you will drive value by gathering both qualitative and quantitative insights via analytics, user interviews, and market research, with the goal of identifying customer pain points and opportunities for product improvements. You will take new features and products from start to finish, working closely with designers and engineers.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Bring a high level of craft to the product creation process. Test hypotheses using any and all methods at your disposal.
- Assessing product market data by calling on customers with salespersons and evaluating sales call results.
- Determining customer needs and desires through market research.
- Translate concepts into wireframes that lead to the intuitive user experience.
- Prototype, iterate, and create an MVP and bring our product to market.
- Developing relationships with key external stakeholders and build confidence in support of our products.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Have 7+ years of related experience, with a proven track record.
- Possess a strong understanding of behavioral science.
- Have experience in a landscape where the primary KPI was usage, and an understanding of the methods involved in driving those numbers.
- Have successfully implemented gamification principles or other usage incentives.
- Have launched multiple successful products and features, preferably on multiple platforms (Mobile and Desktop web, Android, iOS).
- Have demonstrated ability to assess market fit for new products.
- Are a self-starter with a bias to action, who can move projects forward and lead a cross-functional team towards product solutions
- Possess a high technical acumen.
- Can demonstrate exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Possess an exceedingly high level of integrity, leadership, and teamwork in interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Are an excellent communicator who seeks broader input and provides feedback in order to gain consensus across the organization, and are open to constructive feedback and new ideas.
- Possess a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
- Demonstrate a high technical acumen and have experience with SQL, MS Excel, and Google Sheets preferred.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- Medical and Dental
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
At Glow, we believe that great insurance should protect a person’s entire life, not just the hours when they’re at work. That’s why we’re working towards providing holistic coverage so that small businesses can protect their employees at work, life, and everything in between.
Our combined Workers’ Compensation product provides 24/7 accident coverage to employees anywhere at any time. We have a first of kind underwriting authority from Chubb, are venture-funded, and looking for energetic, dynamic, growth-minded individuals to join our team!