What's the Role?
Glow is expanding our Operations team and is looking to bring on an Operations/Data Analyst. This individual will report to our Chief Operations Officer and will work supporting our operations, sales, and underwriting teams. The role will entail a mix of process and procedure analysis, process improvement and implementation management, process flow mapping, change management, project management and development of key analytical tools, reports and assessments.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partnering with business leaders to gain deep understanding of domain expertise and enable data-driven decision making.
- Developing mechanisms to identify and track key business metrics. Building reports that can be used to explain the business operations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to highlight business results and establishing visibility through business intelligence reporting and analysis. You possess the ability to go "deep" into the data/analytics to uncover the key trends/insights and develop action-oriented recommendations to drive profitable growth.
- Developing a thorough understanding of insurance and our customer base in order to identify and model new opportunities to enhance operational processes with the customer in mind.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and leading strategic projects that transform the way we operate and fuel business growth, using best practices for operational excellence.
- Analyzing the business and identify opportunities to increase conversion, member retention, customer satisfaction, and other key performance indicators through operational improvements and technology enhancements.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- Have 2-3 years of analytics experience.
- Are motivated to independently drive analytics initiatives from end-to-end, from ideation to visualization to storytelling.
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Posses the ability to communicate sophisticated data concepts to a broad range of audiences.
- Demonstrate organizational skill and capacity to handle simultaneous projects and work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Are fluent in SQL and Excel/Spreadsheet & have experience with BI tools (e.g., Tableau), BigQuery, Python, R, dbt.
- Have exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to drive high volumes of concurrent projects.
- Possess a a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
- Use a data-driven approach to creating, assessing, and altering processes.
- Demonstrate high technical acumen along with sound judgment and high character.
- Have prior experience working with high-growth startups / insurance industry experience a plus.
- Have earned a Bachelor's degree in a related field. (Preferred but not required).
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- Medical and Dental
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
At Glow, we believe that great insurance should protect a person’s entire life, not just the hours when they’re at work. That’s why we’re working towards providing holistic coverage so that small businesses can protect their employees at work, life, and everything in between.
Our combined Workers’ Compensation product provides 24/7 accident coverage to employees anywhere at any time. We have a first of kind underwriting authority from Chubb, are venture-funded, and looking for energetic, dynamic, growth-minded individuals to join our team!