Head of Insurance
What's the Role?
We’re looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Head of Insurance to join the team and help grow our company. As Head of Insurance, you will drive value by leading the company’s underwriting efforts and supporting a wide range of strategic initiatives around our product development and delivery. You possess the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to build creative solutions and help grow the business in a profitable manner.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and refining the company’s internal underwriting guidelines in partnership with our carrier partners.
- Managing and operationalizing the underwriting processes (referrals, mid-term reviews, audits) to support the company’s plans for growth.
- Leading our product expansion efforts to grow market share in new states, industries, class codes, and distribution channels.
- Keeping tabs on industry regulatory changes as it pertains to rates, rules, forms, and legal decisions and identify the potential impacts to the company.
- Developing relationships with key external stakeholders and build confidence in support of our products.
- Monitoring individual and aggregate pricing behavior and develop controls to identify and mitigate risks.
- Monitoring overall program results and provide feedback to support strategic planning.
- Projecting revenue in order to forecast staffing needs to support the evolution of the business model.
You'll be a great fit if you:
- 6+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in workers’ compensation underwriting roles or insurance product development roles covering multiple states.
- Have experience developing programs and working with actuaries is preferred.
- Can demonstrate exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to lead in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Possess an exceedingly high level of integrity, leadership, and teamwork in interactions across all levels of the organization.
- Are an excellent communicator who seeks broader input and provides feedback in order to gain consensus across the organization, and are open to constructive feedback and new ideas.
- Possess a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
- Demonstrate a high technical acumen and have experience with SQL, MS Excel, and Google Sheets preferred.
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- P&C and L&H licensed preferred but not required.
- Competitive compensation
- Stock Options
- Medical and Dental
- 401k Employee Contribution Program
At Glow, we believe that great insurance should protect a person’s entire life, not just the hours when they’re at work. That’s why we’re working towards providing holistic coverage so that small businesses can protect their employees at work, life, and everything in between.
Our combined Workers’ Compensation product provides 24/7 accident coverage to employees anywhere at any time. We have a first of kind underwriting authority from Chubb, are venture-funded, and looking for energetic, dynamic, growth-minded individuals to join our team!