Head of Operations
We’re looking for a data-driven, results-oriented Head of Operations to join the team and help build our company. As Head of Ops, you will drive value by leading the company’s Business Operations and supporting a wide range of strategic initiatives. You’ll have the business maturity to set ambitious goals and the intellectual horsepower to derive deep, data-driven insights that will help us realize those goals.
- Own and develop tracking, refinement, and reporting of key business metrics and develop a structure in our ability to report and explain the business.
- Manage performance towards KPI targets and provide thought leadership on how to improve operations
- Preemptively identify business intelligence interests and establish visibility through metrics and analysis.
- Go “deep” into the data/analytics to uncover the key trends/insights and develop action-oriented recommendations to drive profitable growth
- Understand our customer base to identify and model new directions for growth across all businesses.
- Partner with key stakeholders by leading strategic projects that derive business insight and intelligence
- Lead the efforts to scale our processes to support a fast-growing complex business
- Build, manage and lead a team performing day-to-day operational functions
- Collaborate with Product, Sales, and Engineering to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process/products
- Build capabilities in operational teams to ensure a seamless transition of project execution and results
- Drive escalation of issues, coordinate key resources in the escalation process, and project manage the issue until its resolution
- Performs analysis to identify operational issues or areas for improvement
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field. MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth in Business Operations roles
- Experience building processes from scratch in high-growth startup (InsurTech and/or FinTech experience a plus)
- Strong background establishing current state operational support process models and providing process improvement/redesign
- Exceptional project management, organizational and time management skills, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceedingly high level of integrity, leadership, and teamwork in interactions across all levels of the organization
- Excellent communicator who seeks broader input and provides feedback in order to gain consensus across the organization; open to constructive criticism and new ideas
- A data-driven approach to creating, assessing, and altering processes
- Passion for building cross-functional teams and developing people
- High technical acumen
- Champion our culture and core values
Great insurance should protect a person’s entire life, not just the hours when they’re at work. That’s why we’re working toward holistic coverage for work, life and everything in between.